Sunday, February 8, 2009

Glogster EDU

I have started using Glogster's edu site to create library websites. It is SO easy and fun to use! I am using my library glog as a gateway to student projects, links, and research tools for students and teachers.



Our students can't get enough of Glogster, either. However, we recently learned that the edu version is not everything we imagined it was! I somehow got it in my head that within the edu sphere, a teacher created a classroom, gave her students usernames, and they could not communicate with anyone outside of that classroom. We learned the hard way this week that this is not the case! Students can accept friend requests from users on the general glogster site and can view glogs from that site as well. I'm not sure what the point of having the edu site is if there is no separation from the two! At any rate, we now have a great opportunity to start dialoging with students about how to use the Internet responsibly...

No comments:

Post a Comment