Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Educational Crush

Yesterday was the School Library Systems Conference for all librarians in the Syracuse area. It was AWESOME. The highlight was Will Richardson, my educational crush. Seriously.

He delivered the keynote and then ran three sessions on using technology in education -- one on blogs and wikis, one on RSS and social bookmarking, and one on podcast, vodcast, and digital storytelling. To be honest, the sessions were a little too "Web 2.0 for Dummies" at points, when I had been hoping for more advanced information and/or some discussion about how people are making it work in actual districts around here.
He doesn't say enough about how to advocate for change and doesn't really address the reality of what to do when you don't have access to the tools he uses. (I know, that's probably a whole different seminar.) However, he is one of my favorite people to follow in terms of new ideas and possibilities!

If you don't already follow Will Richardson, I suggest you do the following ASAP:

No comments:

Post a Comment